I Miss Sarah!!!

This blog was created so everyone can keep in contact with me while I have fun without all of you! Come and see what I am doing and leave me messages!! YAY! You can also email me at FashionOutcast@hotmail.com or IM me at FashionOutcast <3 <3

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Hola from Providence!!

Hey everyone!!! I am currently sitting in a really cool computer lounge (typing on a mac which i am having a bit of trouble getting used too!) at RISD!! YAY i got here ok and i am having SO MUCH FUN and it is only the 2nd day!! Yesterday i lugged my gagillion bags up to my room (mom, dad and adam came along) and met my new room mate.... her name in Karissa and she is from seattle!! how cool is that! She is a fashion major too and she is REALLY nice. She brought her lap top so i will be able to get internet access in my room (so hopefull pictures can be posted) He lap top also has a DVD player so (lisa... your gonna love this) she says we can have Friends Marathons because she has all the seasons with her! Our room is so nice too. It is alot bigger than i expected and i got to hang up all of my pants and skirts!! ALL OF THEM!! plus i have a desk, abunch of drawer space and a MINI FRIDGE!! My bed is actually really comfy too! (pictures to come). The bathrooms arn't that bad... i only have to share it with 4 girls... i just have to get used to wearing flip-flops in the shower! I met alot of other cool people too. Our floor section.... like 20 ish girls got together last night and stuff for get to know you games and like HALF of them are for fashion... the cool (kinda) thing is that none of them are in my classes because the way RISD designs it is so you don't room with people in your classes so you can meet as many people as possible! our RA (Residence Assistant) is named Jen and she is a sophmore at RISD for Graphic Design. She is really nice and was telling us all this stuff about getting into RISD and what they look for and she said she would look at our work this summer and help us improve which is really cool!!! We are planning all this stuff with our floor group... tonight we are baking cookies... but we will have like movie nights and bowling nights and poker nights and cool stuff like that. There are alot of really cool people on my floor besides my room mate. I met girls from like all over!! I share a bathroom with my room mate and another room which consists of Marissa (she is from mass but she goes to boarding school in Dublin NH!) and Sara (she is from right outside NYC... she actually went to FIT last summer too but i never met her there). I have been chilling with them alot lately. They are really cool. Sara actuall went to the Project Runway Fashion show for season two because her dad is really good friend with Heidi Klum!!! How cool is that... she has actually met her and everything like numerous times! Her room was also featured in teen vogue! Both Marissa and Sara are doing fashion design too! I also met this girl Liz from CT who brought a coffee maker... lets just say we became fast friend for she will be supplying me caffeine every morning (in my newly purchaced RISD travel mug!) I also met people form Chicago, LA, Baltimore, VT, Colorado just to name a few!! Last night we all went exploring and went to this really cool Indian like clothes shop where the guy there who ran it was really nice and gave us all free bangle braceletts! then we went to Ben and Jerrys!! It was fun. I am wicked excited for my classes tommorow... i already got all my supply and i can't wait. Here is my class sceduele

Monday and Tuesday 9-4 i have my Fashion Design class
Wednesday 9-4 i have Basic Design
Thursday 9-4 i have Foundation Drawing
Friday 10-12 i have Art History

So... not to my family members who are reading this... Fridays would be a good day to come and visit and take me out to lunch!! **hint hint** I have an hour lunch break for the 9-4 class too. the food here isn't that bad...but the meal plan is kinda crazy. you need to get like 4 sides per meal to get your moneys worth (it is like a pre-payed deal). I can tell i will get sick of it in a while!

After 5 is a good time to call me!! you should all now my cell phone but if you don't just email me and i will give it to you!
You can just email me too OR actually mail me (care packages :))

My Name
Rhode Island School of Design
2 College Street, Box# 607
Providence, RI 02903

I am gonna go try to print out pictures to hang on my wall!! I will try to post regularly... i miss you guys already!!! <3 <3 <3

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you! I'm gonna call you soon I promise. I've been so busy with assassins but I think of you every day!

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah. I am SO sending you food for that minifridge because that is sick nasty that you get one. I just have to figure out how to do that. I've never sent a package before. Anyway. also your roommate sounds chill. tell her I said hey. I hope she doesn't take my place as your friends partner.

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home