I Miss Sarah!!!

This blog was created so everyone can keep in contact with me while I have fun without all of you! Come and see what I am doing and leave me messages!! YAY! You can also email me at FashionOutcast@hotmail.com or IM me at FashionOutcast <3 <3

Monday, July 03, 2006

Mark your Calenders!

Oh My... i had my Fashion class today and i am just SOOOOO EXCITED!!! We had a discussion about our fashion show in the end of the summer. (either Aug 1st or 2nd.... i am pretty sure it is 1st though!)The project is called PaperRama!! It is kinda A LA Project Runway... if you follow the show! We have to make a design completely out of paper products!! I am pumped.... this is what i live for! You can use any matereal that is paper based (ie cardboard, construction paper, wax paper, paper cups, sugar packets, photographs, magazines, tissue paper, tolit paper, wrapping paper etc) and only 10% (excluding jewelry, shoes, and undergarments) can be non paper. so if you wanted to ad some trimmings (ie ribbon, beading, lace, buttons) that is okay aslong as it is kept to a small amount. The fun part is the models are us!!! well... for the most part! You can pick anyone in your fashion class or someone outside who isn't in the RISD program who wouldn't mind driving up alot for all the fittings and dress rehersals! I am modeling for my friend Zoey and she is modeling for me. Both of us alread have our designs down! I am doing a strapless babydoll dress... it is gonna be mostly blue because Zoey has these intense blue eyes but there will be a bit of teal and purple in there too. I am gonna make a bodice like top out some material i got from brown paper bags that i will color blue with marker or paint it or something. Then right where the bodice ends i am going to put a bunch of these paper Oragami like chains that i am gonna dye blueish and wrap a round her waist a few times and then tie a cute bow in the back then the actual dress part is going to be made of this really thick paper towel i bought. it is the really soft kind that is kinda fabricy and it has a subtle diamond print on it. I am going to use watercolors to dip the towels in of different blue shades so you get a cute kinda tye dye effect but more flowy and elegant. then i am just going to drape the paper towels really pretty under the bodice. I am going to try to hand sew everything but i may have to use some glue here and there. I also bought this really pretty gauzy like blue paper that i might use for a cute tool like trimming. i am so excited to make it. Zoey is making a pink dress for me that is going to be covered in these beautiful oragami flowers. i can't wait... everyone has to come... it is like a giant event with 80 designs!!! i have to go eat dinner but i will write again maybe after the fireworks tonight (i know... it is wierd but RI does fireworks on the 3rd of july!) ttyl

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy shit that is so cool. I really hope I can get down there and see it! I'll do my best I promise, ok? love you

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home