I Miss Sarah!!!

This blog was created so everyone can keep in contact with me while I have fun without all of you! Come and see what I am doing and leave me messages!! YAY! You can also email me at FashionOutcast@hotmail.com or IM me at FashionOutcast <3 <3

Monday, July 24, 2006

Runway Mayhem!!

Hmmmph... so Monday. I had my Fashion test first thing at 9. It was really easier than i was expecting, a few questions i wasn't really sure on but i got alot right that i know so i am pretty sure that i did good. After i finished i had to wait for everyone else to finish and then they told us that most of monday and tuesday we have open studio for Private label (my partner project which was due today!!) and PaperRama. what a relief. During studio me and my partner Tanja got all of our project done and at 3 i had to head over the the fashion committe meeting. We organized everything with the models trying to figure out who is modeling twice and we got the posters and hung them up around campus. After class my eyes were really bothering me so i went to the nurse... they weren't that helpful (they just gave me a generic version of the eye drops i have been using for weeks) so i called mom and she called my eye docter at home and discribed my symptoms and he said i really should get them checked out. So mom called the RISD nurse and told her the situation and set me up another apointmnent to figure out a time to go to the eye docter. Last night was horible! I was trying to do my paintings for basic design and my eyes were stinging and i had a giant migrane so i just took some advil and went to bed.

Today i had Fashion again... we brought all our PaperRama stuff in and it wass pretty obvious that i was the farthest along. alot of kids hadn't even started it yet. I added a bunch of detail to the top (I took off the chains becasuse they were falling apart) and it looks really geometric and clean which is a nice contrast to the flowy bottom. the teacher came back to look around and LOVED it!! she said it was amazing and commented on how she could tell from the skirt that i knew how to sew really well! She also said even though it was made out of paper it looked totaly like an actual garment that could be sold in stores that was made of fabric. The funniest ting though was that she saw my clutch purse with Jon's flower on it and she just LOVED the flower and wanted me to add some to the actual dress! After i talked to her i hand sewed a bunch of eye hooks onto the back so it has a really cute corset like look to it (pretty corset though... not warrior princess corset) Then i tryed it on Zoey and it totaly fit like a glove!! she looked so pretty in it with her blue eyes and cute blond bob! I am so in love with this dress!! During lunch i went to the nurse for my appointment and she got me an eye doctor appointment tommorow morning. I am going to miss half of basic design but i think that i really need to get this eye situation taken care of because they hurt SO BAD! and i really don't like basic design!! I am going to have to take a cab over at like 9:15. I have to go to the nurse later today and get all the information. After lunch we had Private Label Crits. Ours wasn't amazing but it wasn't that bad. we had some cute ideas but we were missing a few things but so was everyone. After the crits we continued with PaperRama. I tryed to recreate one of Jons flowers but i couldn't so i just opted for a cute white paper towel bow. At 3:30 i had another Fashion Committe Meeting. We organized all of the dresses in the order they will appear on the runway so that they looked cohesive and so the few people who were modeling twice could change. This really selfish girl on the committee kept trying to put her (i hate to say it but kinda UGLY) dress as the finale when we all wanted this other one last (I don't want to spoil it but it is really funny!). There was alot of controvesy but we won. we also had to make sure everyone has names of their dresses for the program. Mine is called Bounty Baby (as in the paper towel i used and because it is a baby doll dress... not to be confused with bounty hunter!)and my dress is 3rd to last and Zoey's dress (the one i am modeling for) is like afound 7th to last. Me and Zoey have decided that we are going to the mall right before the fashion show and getting our makeup done for free at one of the counters. we also got to solve the hair and shoe situation which we will deal with later. Now i am just about to get some dinner and check with the nurse!! plus fun Basic Design HW!!



BTW... the Fashion Show Rehersal on the 1st is from 7-8!! i would come really early because it might fill fast!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home